When we talk about the beauty of Canada, people mostly get drawn towards the capital city Ottawa and the urban giant city Toronto. After them, the popular regions like the Maritimes, BC, and Alberta get all the attention. However, if you talk to a local citizen, you will get to know about more exotic and beautiful places in Canada like Ontario. In other words, you will notice that the beauty of Canada is incomplete without Ontario.
Ontario is home to endless forests, vast wilderness, an abundance of wildlife, and has over 250,000 lakes. In this east-central province of Canada, you will even find some historic monuments, stunning beaches, and a lot more adventure places that you can think of visiting during your next vacation. To make things easier for you, we have listed down some of the most beautiful places in Ontario for you to consider visiting.
Most Beautiful Places To Visit in Ontario
- Niagara Falls: Who hasn’t heard about this one? Niagara Falls is located in Southeastern Ontario, Canada. You can visit the city alongside the Niagara River. Other than the falls, you can visit some other exotic places like Queen Victoria Park, the Skylon Tower, and Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens.
- Algonquin Provincial Park: Algonquin Provincial Park is about 3,000 square miles, located between the Ottawa River and Georgian Bay in Ontario. This park is perfect for outdoor activities like camping, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, day hiking, and cross-country skiing.
- Georgian Bay: Georgian Bay is considered the sixth Great Lake that has about 1,242 miles of shoreline and over 30,000 islands. Its crystal clear blue water is perfect for anglers, boaters, and kayakers during the summer. Also, you can visit the place in winter to enjoy your time as snowshoers, snowmobilers, and skiers in the winter.
- Bruce Peninsula National Park: Bruce Peninsula National Park is located on a part of UNESCO’s Niagara Escarpment World Biosphere Reserve. The national park has an area of 97 square miles of beautiful and varied landscape with diverse wetlands and large expanses of mixed-wood forests.
- The Blue Mountains: The Blue Mountains is a small town located along Nottawasaga Bay in Ontario, Canada. This is a perfect location that can offer a romantic gateway to couples and a fun and adventurous place for families and groups of friends. So, you can visit this place whether you are traveling with your partner, friends, or family.
- Muskoka: Muskoka can be the perfect vacation spot for you if you want to enjoy fun things. It has shimmering lakes that are perfect for boating and water recreation. The visitors enjoy themselves by doing fun activities like fishing, tubing, wakeboarding, and waterskiing.
- Lake Erie: Lake Erie is a part of the five Great Lakes located in North America. This lake has several public parks surrounding it like UNESCO’s Biosphere Reserve, Long Point Provincial Park, and Sand Hill Park. Other than that, this lake also has several diverse islands.
- Wasaga Beach: Wasaga Beach is a 14-kilometer long beach that is recognized as one of the most attractive tourist spots in Ontario. The tourists enjoy a pristine, white sand beach, beautiful scenario, clear and warm waters, and breathtaking, panoramic mountain views.
- Thousand Islands: Thousand Islands is a group of islands, located in the St. Lawrence River near Ontario, Canada. They comprise more than 1,800 unique islands, offering plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation and a beautiful setting for a peaceful vacation. Whether you are traveling alone or in a group, you can totally go to this location.
The Final Thoughts
So, what do you think about the above places? We have tried our best to provide you a list of the most beautiful places in Ontario. However, when you visit Ontario in person, you might find a few more mesmerizing places to visit. So, without thinking much, you should start planning to visit Ontario during your next vacation.